Thursday, June 01, 2006

Tom Green's adventures continue in Costa Rica

(AP Photo/Rene Macura, Activision, HO, File)DENVER - Actor Tom Green said Thursday that an accident near his house in Costa Rica has made him more respectful of the ocean.

Green, who was in Costa Rica this week collecting video for a new project, said he was fishing alone two months ago when a violent wave slammed him into a rock. He said he hit his head, broke two ribs and stumbled back to his house before driving to a hospital about two hours away by dirt roads.

He apparently shocked the cleaning lady.

"I was covered in blood, hardly alive. I walked past the cleaning lady. She looked at me like she was looking at a dead person," he told The Associated Press by telephone. "I just walked into my shower."

A day earlier, the waves pulled him "14 football fields" out into the ocean while surfing.

"It took me an hour to get back into shore, and I said, 'I'm never gonna be that risky with that ocean again. I'll just go fishing.' The next day I got nailed," he said.

"I have a tendency to leap into things, sometimes too hard. I think that definitely made me more aware. I'm looking both ways across the street more often," Green said.

Green recently finished directing an upcoming movie, "Prankstar." His acting credits include "Stealing Harvard," "Freddy Got Fingered" and "Road Trip."

No comments:

Related posts